Recipe by Slocook
This is an easy great casserole. My mom made this for us when we were kids. It is even better heated up the next day as leftovers!
Top Review by ally525573
I thought that this was really good!I made it with whole wheat noodles.Next time I think that I might add a little more meat to it.Plus I think I might add a little more tomato sauce.I will be sure to make this one agian!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (12 ounce) package wide egg noodles
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 4 -5 green onions, sliced
- 1 dash salt and pepper
- 8 ounces grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef,onion, garlic,S&P. Drain beef,return to pan add tomato sauce bring to boil turn to low and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes. Boil noodles according to package directions.
- In a medium bowl mix cream cheese, sour cream and onions to combine.
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Lightly cover bottom of pan with some of the meat mixture. Begin layering starting with noodle, meat than dollop the top of meat mixture with cream cheese mixture. Repeat layers ending with meat mixture.
- Bake covered 350 for 45 to 50 minutes or until bubbly and hot in middle. Uncover sprinkle with cheddar and parmasean cheeses return to oven continue to bake uncovered until cheese is melted.