Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe was passed down from my grandmother, to my mother and now I make it frequently. It's a big hit with hubby. It is also another one of those recipes that show how they stretched a pound of hamburger to feed a family. A salad goes along nicely with this.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Brown the ground beef. Drain.
- Empty tomato soup into a casserole dish. (I use an oval pyrex 11X81/2X3).
- Pour 1/2 of can of green bean juice into soup. Drain rest of green beans and add to dish.
- Add dehydrated onion, salt, and pepper.
- Add drained ground beef into soup mixture. Mix well.
- Beat egg and add to mashed potatoes. Mix well.
- Top meat mixture with mashed potatoes.
- Don't cover green bean mixture completely, leave a little area all around to allow mixture to bubble and not bubble over.
- Try to make peaks with the potatoes for and extra special look.
- Bake 30-45 minutes or until potatoes are browned.