My mom's recipe. It is delicious without the ham also! Robust and filling, especially served with a nice rustic loaf of bread!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 4 clove garlic, diced
- 2 can chicken broth
- 2 can water
- 1 can diced tomatoes with juice
- 6 potatoes, cut into medium chunks
- 7 carrots, cut into medium chunks
- 1 green cabbage, cut into quarters and diced
- 354.88 ml frozen corn
- 1 slice ham, 1 inch thick,diced
- 1 can navy beans or 1 can other white beans, rinsed and drained
- crushed red pepper flakes
- Tabasco sauce
- 1Saute onion and garlic in olive oil in a large pot until onions are clear.
- 2Add everything except the seasonings, cabbage, beans, and corn.
- 3Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer.
- 4After 5 minutes, pour the corn on top (do not stir!), and pour the cabbage on top of the corn.
- 5Simmer until the potatoes are fork tender, about 20-30 minutes.
- 6Stir in the beans in the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- 7Add Crushed red pepper, Salt, Pepper, Tabasco to taste.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Ham and Vegetable Stew
Serving Size: 1 (520 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 271.3
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 559.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.3 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 9.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: