Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Adapted from Quick Cooking. This makes a lot!
Make and share this Mom's Ground Beef Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 9 cups cooked wide egg noodles
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) can condensed chicken with rice soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef, green pepper and onion and drain.
- Remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients.
- Transfer to two greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dishes.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until bubbly.
I cut down some on this recipe. I used only a pound of beef, 1/2 each onion and green pepper, and a little over 4 cups of noodles. Baked it all in one 13 x 9 pan for half an hour - delicious!
This was pretty good. I used a can of cream of chicken instead of the chicken with rice, because that's what we had on hand. I also put in a can of green beans along with the corn. This was a perfect comfort food. Thanks so much for sharing. Prepared for PRMR tag game.
This reminds me of the meals I had as a child. Back then it was about making the most of what was in your pantry and putting a dinner on the table. Not about having spicy or extremely flavorful food. For me it fit the bill nicely and I will make this again when I need a budget stretcher.