Recipe by najwa
Another winner from my mother, whom I believe is the greatest cook ever :-) My mother makes this every weekend and my 4-year old asks to go to my mother's to have some of what he calls "chicken delicious". Prep time does not include marination time. I have never measured ingredients when I make this so increase the spices if you wish. SOURCE: Mom.
Top Review by UmmBinat
This is quite good, DH liked it a lot. DD (toddler) thought so too as that is about all she wanted to eat. It's not very healthy though. I used canola oil, a little less garlic, less cloves per preference, my own Recipe #79179 instead of store bought Arabic seven spice, less cayenne per preference, sea salt, freshly ground black pepper plus the rest. Served with a modified version of Recipe #198709 and a fresh salad. I will make this again for DH.
- 1 (2 1/2-3 lb) roasting chickens, cut up
- 2⁄3 cup yogurt (nonfat ok)
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 -4 tablespoons oil (Do not use olive oil)
- 10 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 4 small whole cinnamon sticks
- 6 cardamom pods
- 6 whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon Arabic seven spice
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine marinade ingredients.
- Marinate chicken for 12 hours- 48 hours (The longer the better). I carefully lift the skin, slash the chicken and spoon the marinade in, then cover with the skin again. The skin helps keep the chicken moist during cooking, but the chicken is equally good without it.
- Grill, brushing with more oil if desired.