Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I created this green dressing as I had some watercress leaves left over; and it became one of my favourites for company.
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄4 cup minced watercress leaf, only (not stems)
- 1 teaspoon minced parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon minced green pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced capers
- 1⁄2 teaspoon snipped chives
- 1⁄8 teaspoon tarragon
- 2 teaspoons wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- In a blender puree watercress, parsley, shallot, green pepper, capers, chives and tarragon.
- With motor running add the 2 tsp.
- wine vinegar and pour in the 3 Tbsp.
- olive oil in a slow stream.
- Transfer the dressing to a small bowl and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour over mixed green lettuce.