My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper and dredge in flour.
- 2Heat oil and brown beef. You may want to divide it into two batches so it browns evenly. Transfer to slow cooker.
- 3Cool pan a little, then add onion, mushrooms and peppers and more oil if needed. Cook until onion is golden brown.
- 4Add a bit more flour and mix with the vegetables. Add broth or water and stir until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- 5Transfer vegetable mixture to slow cooker.
- 6Deglaze pan with red wine.
- 7Add tomato paste to slow cooker and stir. Cook for 7-8 hours on low.
- 8Adjust seasoning as neccessary while it's cooking.
- 9If goulash is too watery, make a slurry (mix flour or cornstarch with water or broth) , add to slow cooker and cook on high for 15-20 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Goulash (Beef)
Serving Size: 1 (311 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 521.2
- Calories from Fat 357
- Total Fat 39.7 g
- Saturated Fat 14.2 g
- Cholesterol 113.9 mg
- Sodium 145.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 32.5 g