Recipe by Dienia B.
I make this a lot. Ours is a different variation and simpler. I put peas in mine; the boys leave them out, lol. My sister said I was not remembering that Mom used corn instead of peas. I checked and, yes, the heifer was right, grrr, lol, so you can put corn in too.
Top Review by breezermom
I made this as posted....sort of! I know it was supposed to be peas or corn, but I split the difference and included half the amount of both. I also found I needed less pasta than was called for. Added a bit of garlic, because I add garlic to pretty much everything. Also added a dash of cayenne. This makes a big batch....large servings. But I am enjoying the leftovers. My friend added sour cream and shredded cheddar to hers, and topped with chopped green onions. Took a bite, and my oh my!
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (17 ounce) can peas, drained or
- 1 (17 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute hamburger with chopped onion. Drain grease.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Cook macaroni in boiling water until tender; drain.
- Add cooked macaroni to hamburger.
- Add canned tomatoes, peas and/or corn.
- Cook until thick, stirring occasionally.
- Top with Parmesan cheese, optional.