Prep 2 mins
Cook 15 mins
I grew up with dish and love it, and now my kids beg me to make it at least three times a month. When someone says "comfort food" this is what pops in my heat every time!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 roll breakfast sausage (like Jimmy Dean)
- 1 lb macaroni
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomato sauce (like Hunts)
- Boil macaroni in salted water to desired tenderness.
- While macaroni is boiling, brown ground beef and sausage together in large skillet; drain.
- Add tomato sauce to meat mixture and let simmer until macaroni is ready (just to warm through). Drain macaroni and return to pan.
- Add tomato meat mixture to macaroni and mix.
- This is my kids absolute favorite meal. I always make a big batch because it is twice as good the next day.
I thought it was very good
Thank you for the great recipe. We loved this! We wanted something different, and this fit the bill. We will be making this again.. Thank you!!!
Sorry, but my kids hated this.