1 hr 15 mins
Redneck Epicurean's Note:
My mom makes this lasagna for our family, usually in the winter. This summer she took it for Homecoming at church and it got rave reviews from everyone. Needless to say, she took home a somewhat clean pan. Serving sizes and yield are approximate, because you'll probably want a couple of pieces. Also, the sauce can be prepared and refrigerated or frozen for later use. You OAMC people could divide it into two 8" pans and freeze one.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 12 ounces water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 (8 ounce) box lasagna noodles, cooked
- 4 cups two bags mozzarella cheese (reserve enough to completely cover the top of the lasagna)
- 6 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1Saute onion and garlic in oil.
- 2Add meat and brown.
- 3Add the rest of the ingredients, ending with the basil.
- 4Simmer on low for about 30-45 minutes.
- 5To assemble lasagne, layer a small amount of sauce in a 9x13 pan to prevent sticking.
- 6Place a layer of noodles over the sauce.
- 7Cover noodles with sauce, then a small amount of the cheeses.
- 8Layer noodles, sauce, cheeses until pan is full, ending with reserved mozzarella cheese.
- 9Bake at 350 degrees until cheese is melted but not brown.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Gooey Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (2626 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 329.4
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 57.4 mg
- Sodium 749.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 20.0 g