Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My mom makes this lasagna for our family, usually in the winter. This summer she took it for Homecoming at church and it got rave reviews from everyone. Needless to say, she took home a somewhat clean pan. Serving sizes and yield are approximate, because you'll probably want a couple of pieces. Also, the sauce can be prepared and refrigerated or frozen for later use. You OAMC people could divide it into two 8" pans and freeze one.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 12 ounces water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 (8 ounce) box lasagna noodles, cooked
- 4 cups two bags mozzarella cheese (reserve enough to completely cover the top of the lasagna)
- 6 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Saute onion and garlic in oil.
- Add meat and brown.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, ending with the basil.
- Simmer on low for about 30-45 minutes.
- To assemble lasagne, layer a small amount of sauce in a 9x13 pan to prevent sticking.
- Place a layer of noodles over the sauce.
- Cover noodles with sauce, then a small amount of the cheeses.
- Layer noodles, sauce, cheeses until pan is full, ending with reserved mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees until cheese is melted but not brown.
We all loved this. I usually don't make lasagna but I was off today and I was in the mood. I followed the recipe other then I only used one tablespoon of garlic, I used petite diced tomatoes and used more then six tablespoons of parm cheese. I cooked mine at 350 for 20 minutes. We all loved this and I will be making again.
Loved this!! Left out the onion and instead subed onion powder. I also used ground turkey. I even forgot the parmesan cheese and was out of basil and it was still very very good!! Will make this many times for sure!
YUMM-O!! If I could give this 10 stars I would! I am not allowed to make lasagna in my house, that is DH's thing. The ONLY thing he makes! Well, I wanted to try this one on him and all I got was moans and groans from the family!! I used half pre-shredded cheese and half fresh mozzarella that I shredded (because it gets oooey and gooey....mmmmmmm). I also used the no-cook lasagna noodles with no problem what so ever!! This recipe beat out the hubby's and it is all because of you, Amy!! Thank you soooo much for this great great recipe, that is just as easy to make!!