Prep 25 mins
Cook 2 hrs
this is just plain .everyone else had onions and what .not ours doesnt have that . this is how my grandma made it and my mothers both did
- boil neck and giblets in water cook on low simmer cause you need fat from turkey to make gravy anyway
- you may need to add more water because meat has to come off the bone on the neck and gizzard must be tender so simmer about an hour at least.
- debone neck
- it just peels off when done
- and slice gizzards into small chunks
- i always eat the liver because im the only one that likes it lucky me lol. otherwise cut into small chunks too
- save to add to gravy.
- with fat from drippings cook flour salt and pepper in skillet until light brown make kinda a roux so the ratio of fat to flour is right this you have to stir so doesnt burn
- add stock from giblets
- and stir like crazy to get flour surrounded by water
- and neck meat and giblets
- and stir like crazy add canned milk.
- and simmer until as thick as you like.
- cook gravy on low cook for about 15 minutes.
- the longer you cook gravy the better
- gets rid of raw flour taste
- season the way you like.
- you have to stir every so often the thicker the gravy the more often you stir.