This German Potato Salad recipe has been in my family for generations! I don't think a year of my life has passed when I haven't had this at a family gathering. This is the version that my mom perfected, although you can add more or less sugar according to your tastes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil potatoes until just tender when poked with a fork, but not too soft.
- 2When potatoes are cool, peel and slice thin.
- 3Add salt, pepper, and celery salt to taste.
- 4Add chopped onion; set aside.
- 5Fry bacon slowly in skillet until crisp; crumble when cool.
- 6In separate bowl, combine vinegar, water, and sugar.
- 7Add liquid to bacon in skillet.
- 8Blend in flour and additional salt, pepper, and celery salt to taste.
- 9Add potatoes and warm through.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's German Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (199 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 267.0
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 12.8 mg
- Sodium 170.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 6.4 g