Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 1 loaf French bread
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 -3 clove garlic, pressed (depends on how much you like garlic)
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- Cut bread into slices, being careful to not slice all the way through the bread.
- Blend all ingredients, execpt bread, together and then generously butter each slice.
- Spread any remaining butter over the top of the loaf.
- Wrap in aluminum foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, open foil and bake 5 minutes to crisp up the top crust (more if crustier top is desired).
- Pull or cut bread apart to serve.
Very good! The cayenne added a nice twist. I didn't wrap the bread in foil and I baked the bread open faced as we like our garlic bread very crispy. Next time I think I'll add some grated cheese to the mixture.