Recipe by Ginny Sue
This is my Mom's frosting that she always made to go with her brownies, cupcakes, or cakes. She also used it to fill between graham crackers as a treat for all the kids.
- 1⁄4 cup margarine (1/2 stick) or 1⁄4 cup butter (1/2 stick)
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 dashes salt
- 1 (16 ounce) package powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 2 quart saucepan, melt the margarine and chocolate over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Add milk, vanilla and salt and remove from heat.
- Stir in powdered sugar to make a rather stiff frosting.
- Beat until lumps disappear and frosting is smooth. You may have to use a small additional amount of milk.
- Return pan to stove, heat over low heat stirring constantly until frosting is lukewarm. This makes the frosting more liquid and easier to spread on brownies or cakes.