Ginny Sue's Note:
This is my Mom's frosting that she always made to go with her brownies, cupcakes, or cakes. She also used it to fill between graham crackers as a treat for all the kids.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a 2 quart saucepan, melt the margarine and chocolate over low heat, stirring constantly.
- 2Add milk, vanilla and salt and remove from heat.
- 3Stir in powdered sugar to make a rather stiff frosting.
- 4Beat until lumps disappear and frosting is smooth. You may have to use a small additional amount of milk.
- 5Return pan to stove, heat over low heat stirring constantly until frosting is lukewarm. This makes the frosting more liquid and easier to spread on brownies or cakes.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Fudgy Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (52 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 208.7
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.7 mg
- Sodium 74.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 37.1 g
- Protein 0.8 g