Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
My mother always made this for Thanksgiving. Cook time is chilling time.
- 1 (29 ounce) can fruit cocktail (save syrup)
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks (save syrup)
- 1 sliced banana
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cups walnuts
- 1⁄2 pint heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 little sugar
- Pour syrup into saucepan.
- Add your cornstarch and cook over medium heat until thickened; cool.
- Whip cream in large bowl.
- Add vanilla& sugar.
- Mix syrup mixture and fruits together; add to cream mixture.
- Add walnuts and chill.
I made this for my entire family on Christmas. They all loved it. So much so that I didn't even get to try it. I didn't alter the recipe at all. This was very easy to make. The only suggestion I have is to maybe extend the chilling time. After 2 hours, it still wasn't "ready".
I toasted my walnuts in the microwave on high for 3 minutes. I also used a medium cool whip instead of the whipping cream and added the vanilla flavoring and 1/2 cup of confectioners sugar before folding into the fruit and syrup mixture. Yummy!!! My family thought it was delicious and it made at big hit at our Thanksgiving feast. Thank you.