Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is the recipe my mom uses on both blueberry cobblers and peach cobblers. I am sure it would work with practically any fruit you wanted to try. When using blueberries, adding a little lemon zest/extract brings out the brightness in the flavors. When using peaches, adding some cinnamon pairs nicely. You may find adding a bit more self-rising flour to the sugar mixture in step #3 will help if you have runny cobbler
- 1 quart fresh fruit or 1 quart frozen fruit
- 7 tablespoons self-rising flour
- 7 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- Place fruit in large baking dish.
- Mix 7 tbsp flour & 7 tbsp sugar and sprinkle over fruit.
- Mix 1 cup flour, milk & margarine together.
- Spread mixture over fruit.
- Combine 1 cup sugar & water.
- Pour over mixture.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- serve with vanilla ice cream.