Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Fried yellow squash
- Dice squash (small cubes a little larger than sugar cubes).
- Add eggs and stir until all the squash is coated with egg.
- Next, add flour.
- Just add flour until squash is well coated with an egg and flour batter.
- In large skillet, fry squash.
- I usually add pepper, salt, and garlic while my squash is frying.
- Hint: If fixing a large amount I use 2 skillets so the squash fries up a bit crispier.
I personally dipped each piece in egg and then the flour, which was a longer process but I think made the coating a bit thicker? Next time I, too will let them get a little crispier but they were good. I told my picky 2 1/2 year old they were potatoes and dipped them in ketchup and he loved them, too!