Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
My mom's simple recipe. Easy, great and tasty! Please remember the nutritional facts are not correct, because you are not eating all the coating ingredients. Also, these amounts are to my families tastes, adjust to your liking. REMEMBER: TO ADD MORE BUTTER AND OLIVE OIL TO THE PAN AS NEEDED. THERE SHOULD ALWAYS BE A LAYER OF LIQUID TO FRY IN.
- 3 large tomatoes (not to ripe because you want them to hold up during cooking)
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt (I use Lowery's)
- 1 tablespoon butter (per frying batch- maybe 3 Tbsps. needed total)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (per frying batch- maybe 3 Tbsps. needed total)
- Cut tomatoes into thick slices. Put aside.
- Mix flour, salt and pepper in shallow dish for coating.
- Heat butter and olive oil in pan, until it's hot enough to fry inches.
- Pre-heat oven to warm setting. (Lowest setting).
- Coat tomato slices in flour mixture.
- Place in pan until gloden brown.
- Place on baking sheet and place in warm oven until ready to serve. (I think they taste better if put in the oven for a little bit because it crisps them up a bit.).
Excellent!!!!!!!!!! after i fried them i put them in a greased baking pan and sprinkled parmasean cheese on the tomatoes and put it in the oven until the cheese melted.
so easy thanx.