Recipe by Leta
This is a very moist, flavorful cake made with fresh apples.
Top Review by Bev
Oh Leta! This cake is wonderful! I can see this easily placed into muffin cups instead of a cake pan and served for a wonderful breakfast treat! I ate this right out of the oven with butter and just enjoyed it immensely! The apples helped give this cake a delicious moisture and texture. I will be holding on to this recipe to make again and again! Thanks, Leta!
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooking oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups apples, peeled and chopped fine
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour a 13X9 baking pan.
- In a large bowl, blend together (by hand) the sugar, eggs, oil and vanilla.
- Blend the dry ingredients into the sugar mixture; stir in chopped apples.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Serve warm with butter or cooled with whipped cream.