1/2 Photos of Mom's French Toast
This isn't your typical French toast. But it is what I was raised on! I couldn't understand why resturaunts didn't serve real french toast when I was little. This one is a much thicker "coated" and just a different texture to it. Can be doubled. I hope your family enjoys it as much as ours does! Can be made with any kind of bread you like, white, whole wheat, I tried texas toast bread and that was pretty good also!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix all ingredients together except for bread.
- 2Once well mixed coat bread on both sides and drop onto a pre-heated griddle on medium heat.
- 3Brown each side and serve with your favorite syrup!
- 4I get about 6 slices of bread into mine, depending on size of bread used.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's French Toast
Serving Size: 1 (212 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 401.0
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 135.3 mg
- Sodium 791.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 14.9 g