Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
This isn't your typical French toast. But it is what I was raised on! I couldn't understand why resturaunts didn't serve real french toast when I was little. This one is a much thicker "coated" and just a different texture to it. Can be doubled. I hope your family enjoys it as much as ours does! Can be made with any kind of bread you like, white, whole wheat, I tried texas toast bread and that was pretty good also!
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 6 slices bread
- Mix all ingredients together except for bread.
- Once well mixed coat bread on both sides and drop onto a pre-heated griddle on medium heat.
- Brown each side and serve with your favorite syrup!
- I get about 6 slices of bread into mine, depending on size of bread used.
It's almost a mix between french toast and pancakes. For us, we thought it needed more flavor. And I added maybe a teaspoon of vanilla. Maybe some cinnamon would be great. Thanks Trennarene :) Made for Name that ingredient tag game
My favorite as well! Not your typical soggy mushy yellow coated French Toast recipe! This is sure to be a well used Family Favorite!
This is the best French Toast ever! My family loves absolutely loves it!