Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is what we have at Christmastime with our steamed puddings. :)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup cream, whipped
- Cream the butter and sugar together.
- Add the well-beaten egg yolks and beat thoroughly over hot water in a double boiler.
- Remove from the heat and fold in the stiffly-beaten egg whites, then the vanilla and the whipped cream.
- Pour over your favorite steamed pudding.
- This is one of our traditional family favorites!
A must for the steamed Christmas pudding. It wouldn't be the same without it!