Recipe by Scandigirl
This recipe is one of our favourite for company. I dedicate this one actually to my long time friend and pastor Jack, who was able to eat the 3 portions out of 4, and wipe the dish with bread to get to last bit of sauce. Ha,ha,ha!!! He LOVED IT... I'm sure you will too! Anyway I choose a narrow like spaghetty, linguine or sometimes if I have fettucine for this recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tomatoes, peeled,seeded and diced
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1 pinch powdered saffron
- 1⁄3 halibut or 1⁄3 turbot, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄3 shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄3 scallops
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup light cream
- salt & pepper
- 3⁄4 lb pasta, cooked
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In skillet, combine wine, chicken stock, shallots, garlic, tomato, tomato paste and saffron.
- Bring to simmer over medium heat and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add fish, shrimp and scallops; cover and simmer for 3 minutes or until shrimp are pink and fish and scallops are opaque.
- With slotted spoon, remove fish and seafood to bowl; set aside and keep warm.
- Dissolve cornstarch in 1 Tbsp. of the cream and add to skillet along with remaining cream.
- Cook, stirring, until boiling and thickened.
- Return fish and seafood to skillet and stir to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon over pasta and sprinkle with parsley.