Recipe by Baby Kato
My mom loves seafood...this is one of her favourite dishes right up there with boiled east coast lobster and homemade clam chowder. These are easy to make and don't take long...great for when you get unexpected company.
Top Review by echo echo
Love the idea of using maple-flavored bacon, but I had to use low-sodium bacon, which is what I had on hand. I just made a quarter of the recipe, using 1/2 lb sea scallops and 1 can pineapple chunks (no shrimp, no water chestnuts). This is quick and yummy, and I can't wait to have it with the maple-type bacon!
- 1 lb sea scallops, nova scotia,large
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp, raw and unshelled
- 2 lbs bacon, maple flavoured (your personal favourite)
- 1 (16 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 1 (16 ounce) can water chestnuts
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1⁄2 lemon, juiced
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven on Broil.
- Wrap bacon slices, (cut if necessary) around the scallops, shrimp, pineapple chunks and water chestnuts fasten with 2 toothpicks.
- Sprinkle with sea salt, fresh ground pepper and lemon juice.
- Put under broiler, turning often, until bacon is golden brown and crispy.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Excellant served plain, or with seafood, daquiri or fiery Thai sauces.