Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I have used my Grandmother Johansen's Liver pate recipe over the many years living in Canada. This one is my favourite and I tend to use pork liver instead of calf's, as the taste is more 'Farmors' (Grandmother's). You can freeze the raw liver/pate, but do not bake before freezing.
- 300 g liver
- 150 g bacon
- 30 g butter or 30 g margarine
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 300 milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pinch clove (optional)
- 1 small boneless herring fillets (optional) or 1 small anchovy (optional)
- Chop speck, and chop liver with onion 1-2 times through the meat-grinder.
- Make a white sauce of butter/margarine, flour and milk.
- Add chopped speck and the rest of the ingredients.
- Bake in small forms.