Recipe by crazymom
This was a German dish but I've been making it so long I can't remember where I ever found it. Over the years it has changed some too. My kids grew on this and ask for it even now. There's just something real good about the combined flavors.
Top Review by yooper
An excellent casserole. Love the fact that it's mostly convience foods. This proves you can come home and throw something together and still come up with something that tastes homemade!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (20 ounce) can kidney beans
- 2 (5 ounce) boxes scalloped potatoes mix
- 1⁄2 onion (chopped or sliced)
- 8 slices bacon, uncooked
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups hot water
Directions See How It's Made
- Season ground beef well and press into bottom of a 2-quart baking dish.
- Pour potatoes from one package on top of meat plus shake one seasoning packet over the top of the potatoes.
- Lay onions over potatoes, lay 2 slices of bacon on top of potatoes and then half a can of kidney beans. Repeat this one more time and then pour hot water over the top.
- Place remaining slices of bacon on top of dish and bake at 350° for 45 minutes.