Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
My mom has been using this recipe since she was married in the 50's and it's as good now as then. She still makes it for me when I visit. :) It's wonderful when first served, but is even better chilled... cold meatloaf sandwiches, mmm! A versatile recipe, you can easily alter it to your own tastes. Experiment and enjoy! :)
- Mix ingredients thoroughly.
- Pack into greased 9x5x3" loaf pan.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 1 1/2 hours.
- Serve hot or let cool and chill and serve cold.
- Other suggestions: add 3 cloves minced garlic; spread bacon slices over the top before cooking and/or 3 Tbsp catsup or barbecue sauce; substitute 1 Tbsp horseradish and 1 Tbsp for the mustard and sage; substitute 1 cup sauerkraut for 1 cup breadcrumbs and add 1/2 tsp dill weed to taste; try it with other herbs/spices or combinations added such as curry powder, cayenne and cumin, or oregano and basil.