Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Even for those that don't care for pecans (like myself), everyone loves this pecan pie! It is rich and moist and a family favorite for the holidays.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs (room temperature)
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans, broken
- 1 9" unbaked pie shell
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Cream butter, then add sugar gradually.
- Add syrup& milk.
- In seperate bowl, add salt& eggs, beat until light.
- Stir both mixtures together, then add pecans and vanilla.
- Bake 10 mins, lower to 350 and cook another 35 mins, or until knife comes out clean.