Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
One of my mom's signature casserole dishes for Thanksgiving at our house was a carrot pudding, which could be served either as a side dish during the main meal or as part of dessert. Even when it isn't Thanksgiving this casserole is worth making because it's easy to make and very satisfying. Enjoy!
- 2 lbs canned sliced carrots, drained
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mash the carrots in a separate bowl.
- In another bowl, mix wet ingredients then add the mixture to the dry ingredients in a big mixing bowl. Add the mashed carrots and continue mixing until everything is fully incorporated.
- Put the mixture in a greased, 2-quart baking dish. Bake for 1 hour. Best served right out of the oven or warmed up.