Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
My friend from British Columbia Judith gave me a large basket of hot out the oven muffins, and the recipe, as a welcome to our new home in 1974. Many batches have been made up since! The batter can be kept in the fridge for up to 6 weeks; can also be microwaved in custard cups that has been sprayed first with Pam. The batter works up to a large volume, remember you have to start with largest bowl availabe. Our kids would run home from school, and take a pyrex cup filled with the batter, and in to the microwave for a couple of minutes. Yum, yum...
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups nabisco all-bran cereal
- 3 cups white sugar
- 1 cup sunflower oil
- 4 beaten eggs
- 1 liter buttermilk
- 5 cups unbleached white flour
- 3 tablespoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 cup currants
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup dates
- 4 cups branflakes all-bran cereal
- Combine water and All Bran, let stand. Cream oil, sugar, beaten eggs.
- Add buttermilk, then bran mixture.
- Add dry ingredients gradually. Fold in currants,nuts, and branflakes.
- Bake at 400 F.