Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is our daughters most loved pancakes, and she does request them every year for her birthday, when she comes home to Canada from Florida, where she is now living. I have made this recipe for many, many years.
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 3⁄4 cup small wild blueberries
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder& salt into a bowl.
- In medium bowl, beat egg and stir in buttermilk and baking soda.
- With egg beater, beat flour mixture just till smooth (very little.) Stir in melted butter and blueberries with a large spoon.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cup measure onto griddle.
- Served with Canadian Maple Syrup and a bit of whipped cream.
Scandigirl Skafte daughter's boyfriend gives this recipe a 5-star rating and a two delicious thumbs up. Now, I can make this recipe anytime I want to enjoy and to surprise my girlfriend!
Thank you for sharing your wonderful recipe Scandigirl, which I will make again often. I loved it, this quick and easy to make recipe provided amazing pancakes that were, soft, tender, sweet with a lovely flavor. The tiny blueberries were excellent in these pancakes, just a little burst of blueberry flavor was perfect. Garnished with a little butter and maple syrup for a wonderful breakfast.
These were AMAZING!!! My kids loved them and I will make this recipe again, and again, and again! Thanks for sharing this great and easy recipe!