Recipe by Scandigirl
This is our daughters most loved pancakes, and she does request them every year for her birthday, when she comes home to Canada from Florida, where she is now living. I have made this recipe for many, many years.
Top Review by TPo Poulsen
Scandigirl Skafte daughter's boyfriend gives this recipe a 5-star rating and a two delicious thumbs up. Now, I can make this recipe anytime I want to enjoy and to surprise my girlfriend!
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 3⁄4 cup small wild blueberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder& salt into a bowl.
- In medium bowl, beat egg and stir in buttermilk and baking soda.
- With egg beater, beat flour mixture just till smooth (very little.) Stir in melted butter and blueberries with a large spoon.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cup measure onto griddle.
- Served with Canadian Maple Syrup and a bit of whipped cream.