Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
There is a place in R.I. called Wright's Farm where they serve family style chicken dinners. The chicken just falls off the bone. My Mom came up with this easy recipe and we love it. The chicken just falls off the bone! At Wright's Farm they serve salad, chicken, french fries and macaroni with red sauce....all you can eat!!
- 1 whole chicken, cut up
- 2 (10 ounce) cans Campbell's French onion soup
- 0.5 (5 ounce) can water
- Wash cut up chicken and dry with paper towels.
- In a large baking pan, place chicken parts on a rack.
- Season with salt, pepper and seasonings of your choice.
- Pour onion soup and water into bottom of pan.
- Cover pan with foil.
- Bake at 250° for 5 hours.
- Baste chicken occasionally with the soup throughout the 5 hours.
I'm sorry, this just didn't work for us. The chicken was so dry that we couldn't even eat it.