1/6 Photos of Mom's Extra Sharp Mac and Cheese
My Mom has been making mac and cheese this way for as long as I can remember. It gets a cheesy crust on top that the family fights for.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2In a 2-quart square baking dish place 1/2 a cup of cooked macaroni in a single layer.
- 3Cover macaroni with cheese evenly.
- 4Layer another 1/2 a cup of of macaroni on top of the cheese.
- 5Cover macaroni with cheese evenly.
- 6Layer another 1/2 a cup of of macaroni on top of the cheese.
- 7Add the milk.
- 8Cover macaroni and milk with cheese evenly.
- 9Bake for 20 minutes.
- 10Set the oven to broil and and broil mac, milk and cheese 6"-8" away from broiler for 5-7 minutes or until cheese is browned.
- 11Warning: HOT, let cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Extra Sharp Mac and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (100 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 384.6
- Calories from Fat 173
- Total Fat 19.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 60.5 mg
- Sodium 339.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 19.4 g