Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A different take on chicken salad. Courtesy of one of the greatest women on earth...my mom! :)
Make and share this Mom's Exotic Chicken Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1 lb seedless grapes, halved
- 1 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups pineapple tidbits
- In a large bowl, combine salad ingredients (chicken through almonds.).
- In a small bowl, mix dressing ingredients.
- Pour dressing over salad ingredients and mix well.
- Garnish with pineapple tidbits.
- Serve plain, as sandwiches, or on top of a bed of lettuce.
Made your recipe as given, & we had an outstanding addition to the table! There were 3 of us, so I had enough later on to take little_wing's tip & made great wraps with some large, soft flour tortillas! I'll certainly be making this one again! Thanks for sharing it! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
We made this for a church lunch...it was such a hit, we've used it for a rehearsal dinner and a funeral reception. Have never garnished with pineapple...we just leave that part off. Everyone who tastes this, loves it and asks for the recipe! When we had to make a lot, we used rotisserie chickens from the store...Delish! Thanks!
Made wraps with this today for lunch and it was loved by all! Made exactly as posted except that I shredded the chicken instead of dicing it, used light mayo and sesasoned slightly with S&P. Loved, loved, loved it. Next time, I might leave out the grapes and just mix in the pineapple. Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful mother's recipe!