This is a quick yeast bread that needs no kneading.
Make and share this Mom's English Muffin Bread recipe from Food.com.
- Warm the milk and water in a small saucepan until very warm (110'-120' degrees F) Lightly grease a 8x4 inch loaf pan; sprinkle cornmeal inside pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups of the flour, yeast, sugar, salt and soda.
- Stir milk into the flour mixture; beat well.
- Stir in the remaining flour, 1 cup at a time, until a stiff batter is formed.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place for about 45 minutes until nearly doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Bake until golden brown, about 25 minutes.
- Remove from pan immediately and cool on wire rack.
- This is best sliced and toasted.