1/6 Photos of Mom's English Muffin Bread
This is a quick yeast bread that needs no kneading.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Warm the milk and water in a small saucepan until very warm (110'-120' degrees F) Lightly grease a 8x4 inch loaf pan; sprinkle cornmeal inside pan.
- 2In a large bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups of the flour, yeast, sugar, salt and soda.
- 3Stir milk into the flour mixture; beat well.
- 4Stir in the remaining flour, 1 cup at a time, until a stiff batter is formed.
- 5Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- 6Cover and let rise in a warm place for about 45 minutes until nearly doubled in size.
- 7Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 8Bake until golden brown, about 25 minutes.
- 9Remove from pan immediately and cool on wire rack.
- 10This is best sliced and toasted.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's English Muffin Bread
Serving Size: 1 (704 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1596.5
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 34.1 mg
- Sodium 2193.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 312.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.6 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 50.2 g