Recipe by Cindy Starke
Good, old-fashioned fake mexican food. Yummy with sour cream and freezes well.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (14 ounce) can refried beans
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 2 (14 ounce) cans red enchilada sauce
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can black olives
- 20 corn tortillas
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef and mix with refried beans, 1 cup of cheese, 1/2 cup of enchilada sauce, and 3/4 of chopped onion.
- Dip corn tortillas into hot oil, one at a time, just until softened. After dipping each tortilla, stack on a plate with a tablespoon or two of enchilada sauce between each tortilla.
- Roll ground beef mixture into tortillas and place in 9X13 pan.
- Pour remaining enchilada sauce over enchiladas. Sprinkle remaining cheese, onions and chopped olives on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes, until heated through and cheese is melted and lightly browned.