Recipe by Teddy's Mommy
My mother made this when I was growing up, it could be out of the '70's version of the Gingham covered Better Homes and Gardens I am not sure.
Top Review by morgainegeiser
Updated review: This is a tasty recipe, I probably will make it more spicy the next time, but did have a nice flavor. I don't fry anything, so I stuck the corn tortillas in the oven to make them crispy and that worked out well. Will make again. Made for PAC 2008.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 5 ounces milk (half a can)
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 14 ounces corn tortillas (12 count)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef and set aside.
- Put soup, milk, and chilies in a medium sauce pan and heat until warm.
- Mix ground beef into soup.
- Fry tortillas as you go. (forgot to add) Fry tortillas until they are slightly crispy.
- In large, microwavable casserole dish with lid put down a tortilla, then the soup mix, then the cheese, then another tortilla, until you run out of one of the ingredients.
- Cook on high in microwave with cover on dish until heated through (usually around 5-6 minutes).