Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a simple yet delicious casserole my Mom always made for us. It was my favorite and now it is one of my daughters.
- 8 ounces egg noodles, cooked
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can peas, drained
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine noodles, tuna, peas, soups, milk and butter in a 1 quart casserole dish.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
Made this for lunch today. What a delicious tasting tuna noodle casserole. I added a bit of diced onion, 1 cup of frozen peas, (thawed) and 1 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese. Baked this covered for 30 minutes, then topped the casserole with crushed potato chips, and baked it uncovered for about 8 minutes more. Can't wait to make this again, and I think I'll omit the onion, as I'm going to top the casserole with French Fried Onions, and instead of adding sharp cheddar cheese, I'm going to add shredded pepper-jack cheese, and of course the peas. Thanks for the recipe chelgilm, it's definitely a keeper!!
This is one of the best tuna noodle casseroles ever!!! I added sharp cheddar cheese, a little chopped onion and pepperidge farm bread crumbs. It was a hit with the whole family. It will be one of my regular dishes.
Made the Cream of Artichoke and Mushroom Soup for the soups in this recipe. It was great tasting. Will make it again.