2 hrs 45 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
Kie has been fixing this for our family for over 40 years. She got it from her mom, so it's tried and true. The only change was an upgrade to Golden Mushroom Soup from just plain mushroom soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 deg F.
- 2Heat frying pan on medium high burner. Add oil.
- 3Saute onions in oil until soft. Remove and set aside. Reserve oil.
- 4Cut steak into four or five portions. Salt and pepper both sides.
- 5Brown steak in reserved oil. About 2 min per side.
- 6Put steak and onions in a oven proof stoneware or glass casserole dish.
- 7Add soup and 1-1/2 cans of filtered water to frying pan.
- 8Heat to near boiling and deglaze pan. Add to steak.
- 9Cover dish with aluminium foil.
- 10Bake for 2-1/2 to 3 hours until meat is tender.
- 11Serve meat with horseradish and the gravy over mashed potatoes.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Easy Swiss Steak With Yummy Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (333 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 918.5
- Calories from Fat 574
- Total Fat 63.8 g
- Saturated Fat 23.1 g
- Cholesterol 232.0 mg
- Sodium 1577.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 68.0 g