Recipe by Donna Luckadoo
Using a cake mix and a few more ingredients makes this recipe easy and delicious.
Top Review by secnarf143
After reading the reviews, I made this cake for my daughter's 5th bday party. I doubled the recipe. I was a lil nervous, but it came out awesome. Everyone loved it. The only thing I did differently was that I added 2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips, and I made my own cream cheese frosting. Moist and delicious! When you warm it in the micro, the chips and cream cheese melt. YUMMY!!
- 1 (18 ounce) box chocolate cake mix or 1 (18 ounce) box white cake mix or 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant chocolate fudge pudding
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 4 extra large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (1 ounce) bottle red food coloring
- 1 (16 ounce) container cream cheese frosting
- 1⁄4 cup crushed pecans or 1⁄4 cup walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix all ingredients and pour the batter into 2 8 or 9-inch round cake pans.
- Time and bake cakes according to the cake mix directions.
- Let cakes cool and icing layers with the cream cheese frosting then sprinkle the top with the crushed pecans or the walnuts.
- Note: If you use a yellow or white cake mix the red color of the cake is more intense, but I use chocolate for the flavor.