Recipe by Patriotic AF Wife
I needed to jazz up my brownies for company and my mom-in-law suggested this recipe which she's been making for a long time. Wow. It's super-easy and quite tasty! Thanks, Mom!
Top Review by finescreekdeb
You could either cut the oil or the butter. These were a little greasy for my taste but they are very yummy. I made them with a milk chocolte mix and will try a darker one next time. Thanks for sharing.
- 1 (21 ounce) box brownie mix (I use Duncan Hines)
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup pecans (or walnuts)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (or as the brownie package suggests).
- Grease bottom of 9x13 pan and set aside.
- Stir together brownie mix, eggs, water, and oil.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Mix butter, brown sugar, and nuts together and drop by tablespoonfuls or crumble with fingers over brownie batter.
- Bake according to brownie package directions, 30-35 minutes.
- Cool before cutting and devouring!