Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my simplified version of my Mom's recipe. Using the canned diced potatoes takes the guess work out of cooking the potatoes.
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cansdiced del monte new potatoes, drained
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, diced
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 medium sweet onion, minced
- 1 large dill pickle, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 2 tablespoons pickle juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped pimiento
- yellow mustard
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- salt & pepper
- In a medium size bowl, mix 1 cup mayonnaise with enough yellow mustard to make it a soft yellow, add pickle juice, dry mustard, celery seed, potatoes, eggs, celery, onion, diced pickle and chopped pimento, salt and pepper to taste, combine all and sprinkle paprika on top and refrigerate to chill.
Best potato salad I have ever had. The canned potatoes are a good idea since I can never cook the potatoes right.
We didn't like the canned potatoes. The texture was off.