This is the method for making polenta that my mom swears by. :) I asked her where she got the recipe, and she thinks it was from the Oregonian newspaper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2In a 1 to 1-1/2 quart baking pan, stir together the water, salt, pepper and polenta.
- 3Add the pieces of butter.
- 4Place the container, uncovered, in the center of the top rack of the oven and bake for 40 minutes.
- 5Open the oven, pull out the rack and stir the polenta (this is also the time to add any additional ingredients such as cheese).
- 6Close the oven and bake the polenta for an additional 10 minutes.
- 7Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes.
- 8At this point you can either prepare it for frying or serve immediately; if you want to fry it, then you should form it in a pan and refrigerate for several hours.
- 9It's great straight out of the oven with marinara sauce on it.
- 10Good additions are Monterey Jack cheese, parmesan, jalapenos, or even pine nuts.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Easy Oven Polenta
Serving Size: 1 (276 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 161.3
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 928.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 2.5 g