Prep 5 mins
Cook 18 mins
We've been making and enjoying this yummy bread for decades, it's a real family favorite for over forty years! Quick and easy using a storebought French bread (or bake your own). Goes great with just about anything, from grilled steaks to summer salads to spaghetti or lasagna dinners. I'm sure this bread with it's light golden, fluffy topping will become your family's favorite, too. Enjoy! :) Notes: Can either be wrapped in foil and heated on the grill, -or- baked in the oven. Let rest for at least five minutes before cutting and serving. Careful, as topping will be very hot!
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese (Kraft green box is fine)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (do not use light or fat free)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 loaf French bread, sliced in half lengthwise
- Combine cheese, mayonnaise, and onion.
- Spread on halved French bread.
- Place on baking sheet, bake at 375 for 15 to 18 minutes or until bubbly and lightly browned (or wrap in foil and heat on grill).
- Do not overcook.
- Remove from oven, let sit 5 minutes, then cut into serving pieces and enjoy. Careful, as topping will be very hot!