Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a very simple and delicious recipe that is a must have at each family holiday. Mom always make two pans so we don't run out.
- 2 lbs frozen southern style hash brown potatoes (the cubed ones)
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1 pint half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese (real grated or canned)
- Melt the butter and mix with the milk, half and half, and salt in a measuring cup.
- Spread out the hash browns in a greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Pour the liquid mixture even over the hash browns.
- Sprinkle the parmesan cheese on the top.
- Add more cheese if you want, I do!
- Bake at 350 for 60 minutes.
- Cover with foil if it gets too brown.
- Add more milk if it gets too dry.
- The number of servings depends on how much you serve, they get pretty big at our house.
This dish was pretty good...a little on the bland sinde for my family. I made this dish twice- the 1st just like it stated then the 2nd I added fried bacon pieces throughout and topped with a sharp shredded cheese about 20 min before cooking time was up. I have to say we liked it better the 2nd time. Thanks for the idea!