Recipe by pepperanne
This is a very simple and delicious recipe that is a must have at each family holiday. Mom always make two pans so we don't run out.
Top Review by danandjenhager
This dish was pretty good...a little on the bland sinde for my family. I made this dish twice- the 1st just like it stated then the 2nd I added fried bacon pieces throughout and topped with a sharp shredded cheese about 20 min before cooking time was up. I have to say we liked it better the 2nd time. Thanks for the idea!
- 2 lbs frozen southern style hash brown potatoes (the cubed ones)
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1 pint half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese (real grated or canned)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter and mix with the milk, half and half, and salt in a measuring cup.
- Spread out the hash browns in a greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Pour the liquid mixture even over the hash browns.
- Sprinkle the parmesan cheese on the top.
- Add more cheese if you want, I do!
- Bake at 350 for 60 minutes.
- Cover with foil if it gets too brown.
- Add more milk if it gets too dry.
- The number of servings depends on how much you serve, they get pretty big at our house.