Recipe by momaphet
This is quick and delicious stroganoff that everybody loves. We like to serve it over flat or bow tie noodles or brown rice.
Top Review by Seattle Pseudo Chef
Made this last night for the wife for the first time. She is not a leftovers person, but demanded half of these leftovers be packed away with her lunch for today :) Very, very good - better than any restaurant version I've ever had! Just like mom used to make!!
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped medium fine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder or 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 -2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) can low sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute first 4 ingredients until until beef is browned, drain the fat off as much as possible.
- Add garlic, beef broth, worstershire sauce, and some more pepper.
- and ketchup, simmer for 20 - 30 minutes.
- Stir flour into sour cream until well mixed, add to meat mixture, cook over medium heat until thickened.