Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is quick and delicious stroganoff that everybody loves. We like to serve it over flat or bow tie noodles or brown rice.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped medium fine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder or 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 -2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) can low sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- Saute first 4 ingredients until until beef is browned, drain the fat off as much as possible.
- Add garlic, beef broth, worstershire sauce, and some more pepper.
- and ketchup, simmer for 20 - 30 minutes.
- Stir flour into sour cream until well mixed, add to meat mixture, cook over medium heat until thickened.
Made this last night for the wife for the first time. She is not a leftovers person, but demanded half of these leftovers be packed away with her lunch for today :) Very, very good - better than any restaurant version I've ever had! Just like mom used to make!!
Very kid friendly and easy to prepare. I will add just a wee bit more garlic next time. Perfect for a rushed day. MAde for PAC Fall '08 :)
*Made for PAC SPring 2008* This was a quick week night meal. DH thought the ketchup made it a little sweeter than he cared for, but I thought it was quite tasty. Thank You for sharing, with a small amount of tweaking to appease DH this will be a good choice for nights I am short on time. Nick's Mom