Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Delicious and easy to make, this is sure to be a crowd favorite.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 5 medium potatoes
- Thinly slice the potatoes into chips.
- Combine butter, flour, salt and pepper together in saucepan over medium low heat.
- Whisk in milk gradually until no lumps remain. Heat and stir until bubbly and thickened.
- Stir in cheese to melt.
- Put sliced potatoes in crock pot; pour cheese sauce over.
- Cover and cook on low 5 to 7 hours; depending on how tender you want your potatoes.
My Husband and I loved this recipe !! It was so simple. I love the cheese sauce. I used extra sharp cheddar cheese. It was delicious ! Thank you for the recipe !!!