Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Now I take my chili seriously, but sometimes I'm in the mood for something easy and mild. This recipe of my Mother's scratches that itch for me. Serve with some fresh crusty bread and hot sauce on the side for your spicy chili lovers. I make a double batch of this on occasion and throw it in the crock pot. If you do, just throw it in on your warm setting after cooking is complete. Enjoy!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 medium onion (minced)
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans (drained)
- 1 (10 ounce) can pork and beans (Mom uses Campbell's)
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed tomato soup (concentrate, not the heat and serve, Mom uses Campbell's)
- 1 tablespoon ketchup (mom uses Heinz)
- 0.5 (12 ounce) bottleprepared chili sauce (mom uses Heinz)
- salt and pepper
- Brown beef with onion and drain.
- Add remaining ingredients and heat thoroughly.
- Serve immediately.
The pork and beans reminded me of the why my mom use to make her chili. I know my husband will give this '10 stars' tonight, since it is not a spicy hot chili. When you need something fast, this recipe is the one. I think I had it made in 20 minutes. Made during * Zaar World Tour 5* 2009 game for team *Genies of Gourmet*
Super fast! Super easy! You're right, Slim. Sometimes we need fast & easy comfort food & my family called this one a 5 star all the way. Made as directed, down to the brand names. We do prefer our chili spicy but we can also appreciate mild chilis. Athough this recipe is really good it tasted more like sweet baked beans instead of a chili. Thanks for sharing your mom's recipe, slim! Made & enjoyed for ZWT5-Ali Baba's Babes.