Now I take my chili seriously, but sometimes I'm in the mood for something easy and mild. This recipe of my Mother's scratches that itch for me. Serve with some fresh crusty bread and hot sauce on the side for your spicy chili lovers. I make a double batch of this on occasion and throw it in the crock pot. If you do, just throw it in on your warm setting after cooking is complete. Enjoy!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 medium onion (minced)
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans (drained)
- 1 (10 ounce) can pork and beans (Mom uses Campbell's)
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed tomato soup (concentrate, not the heat and serve, Mom uses Campbell's)
- 1 tablespoon ketchup (mom uses Heinz)
- 0.5 (12 ounce) bottleprepared chili sauce (mom uses Heinz)
- salt and pepper
- Brown beef with onion and drain.
- Add remaining ingredients and heat thoroughly.
- Serve immediately.