Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
My mom has made this chili for as long as I can remember, and now it's my husband's favorite! It goes a long ways so that makes it even better! We usually add about 4 tablespoons of chili powder, plus about 1-2 Tablespoon cumin.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (46 ounce) can tomato juice
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans chili beans
- 1 -2 tablespoon cumin
- 3 -4 tablespoons chili powder
- Brown beef in skillet with onion. Drain off fat.
- In large pot, place tomato juice, chili beans and beef mixture.
- Simmer for at least 30 minutes, adding cumin and chili powder to taste.
Made for Spring PAC 2008. This was good and easy to make. I followed the recipe as written other then I used onion powder instead of onions and I erred on the side of caution and used the lesser amounts of cumin and chili powder. I did like it better the next time with some cheddar cheese on top.